OCPS Athletics/Boone H.S.
Return to Action Plan
July 6th – July 23rd
Orange County Public Schools has announced that summer workouts in the following sports; bowling, cheerleading, cross country, football, golf, swimming/diving and girls volleyball are able to begin on Monday, July 6th and end on Thursday, July 23rd.
The Boone High School fall coaching staffs have concluded, based on a number of factors, that cross country and football will be the only sports that will conducting conditioning sessions during this 12-day timeframe. Factoring in this decision is the fact that the gymnasium and swimming pool facilities are areas that cannot be utilized per OCPS guidelines.
Tryout information for all fall sport teams can be found on the athletics website; booneathletics.com
OCPS Workout Guideline
• All summer workouts are voluntary
• Summer workouts are only open to fall sports teams
• “Pods” will be assigned and are limited to groups of ten, pods stay together for every session, nine athletes and one coach per pod
• A minimum of six feet will be kept between all people at all times
• Restroom access with social distancing is permitted, there will be no locker room access
• No physical contact between athletes and coaches, or athlete to athlete
• Every athlete must have a current athletic physical in order to participate, those physicals are completely digital this year and information has been posted to the Boone Athletics website at booneathletics.com
• ALL athletes must complete the online profile, even if their current physical is still good. There is a COVID statement that MUST be signed BEFORE any participation. This statement is a part of the digital physical packet
• Will be conducted daily and temperatures will be taken prior to each workout session
• Coaches and student will not be allowed to participate if they have a temperature higher than 100.4 or answer yes to any of the following questions:
1. Do you have chills?
2. Do you have a sore throat?
3. Do you have a cough or shortness of breath?
4. Do you currently feel ill?
• Athletes who are late to their pod and miss the health screening may not participate that day and must return home immediately
Workout Days and Timelines
• Monday through Thursday only
• Workouts can be held with a one-hour conditioning session only
• Athletes must depart no later than 15 minutes after conclusion of workout
• Outdoor sessions can only be held between 7:00 a.m. and noon
• Athletes can only attend one outdoor session per day
• Athletes should bring a personal bag that includes:
1. Personal water bottle clearly labeled with athlete’s name
3. Face covering/mask; to be worn prior to start of workout and once session concludes
4. Dry t-shirt
• Athletes that do not bring water with them to conditionings sessions, will not be allowed to participate
• No shared equipment or clothing is permitted between teammates
Boone Specific Information
• Student-athlete drop-off at Wadeview Park, athlete parking in staff parking lot
• There is no parent or student parking allowed in Wadeview, per City of Orlando
1. Sessions for returning varsity and junior varsity players begin at 8:00 a.m. (Mon-Thurs)
2. Sessions for incoming freshmen and new players begin at 9:30 a.m. (Mon-Thurs)
3. In order for staff to assemble pods based on required limits, it is mandatory for the athletes to contact head coach Andy Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for sessions
1. Sessions for athletes new to the program begin at 7:00 a.m. at Wadeview Park
2. Sessions for returning runners begin at 8:30 a.m. at Wadeview Park
3. In order for staff to assemble pods based on required limits, it is mandatory for the athletes to contact head coach Darcy Jeffers at email@example.com to register for sessions