Please read the information below in its entirety.
Cheerleading tryouts for the 2019-2020 school year will begin on Tuesday, May 28th, and conclude on Friday, May 31st. These tryouts will be for the varsity, junior varsity, and freshman sideline teams, as well as the competitive team. Tuesday and Wednesday’s tryouts will begin in Boone’s gym at 4:30 and conclude between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m. Thursday and Friday’s tryouts will be held from 9:00-11:30 a.m. in Boone’s gym. The actual tryout will take place on Friday during the allotted time aforementioned.
In order to be eligible for tryouts, athletes must comply with the following:
- Signup with Ms. Hutsell in room 315 or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student-athletes must be rising 9th9th, 10th,11th, and 12th graders.
- Athletes must have an unweighted cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Students transferring into Boone must be registered for the 2019-20school year and must comply with all residential and academic requirements.
- Athletes MUST have a current physical on file with Boone High School. Physical forms can be found in Boone’s front office or on the Boone athletic website: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/sportshub2-uploads-prod/files/sites/1651/2018/07/10173238/2019-2020-Boone-Sports-Physical.pdf
The electronic version makes filling out the form less tedious but must still be printed and brought to Physical Night or taken to your physician then returned to school. PLEASE fill out ALL aspects of the form and note where signatures are required.
- Tumbling requirements: Any tumbling capabilities will enhance an athlete’s tryout.
Competitive Cheerleading is a recognized sport in the state of Florida and carries with it a unique set of athletic skills. These skills include jumps, tight arm motions, tumbling, dance and elite stunting. Athletes will be taught the necessary material for tryouts. Again, tumbling skills will enhance an athlete’s performance during the tryout process.